Tuesday 22 September 2015

Illamasqua Hydra Veil Review

The perfect way to, and in my eyes, most important step to achieving a flawless finish and base for make up is finding the right primer. I have been endlessly searching for one for a good year and have tried multiple but to no avail. Often finding them either too oily, resulting in a shiny face (argh) or lacking in moisture causing the dreaded "gathering" of foundation in dry areas.

But, FINALLY, I have one found that surpasses all of the others - Hydra Veil by Illamasqua. The combination of a moisturiser and a primer in one bottle not only saves money but also time when applying my make up - meaning more time in bed for me - winner.

The gel like consistency of this primer enables it to glide on to my skin, no problem at all. A pea sized amount is more than enough to achieve a flawless finish. I typically use the Illamasqua blender brush (post about make up brushes to follow)  to apply this primer and then follow with Mac Studio Fix in NW10 (so pale,I know!).

This primer is, at £32, more than I would normally spend on primer but trust me, the price is so worth it for the finish you get. Additionally, due to the lack of product you need to apply, it will last for so long.

I am yet to try the primer with a powder foundation as I prefer liquid for a more dewy finish, however, due to the hydrating elements of the primer I'm sure it would impress as much as it does when paired with a liquid foundation.

Illamasqua Blender Brush
http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/tools/professional-makeup-brushes/blusher-brush/

Hydra Veil Primer
http://www.illamasqua.com/hydra-veil/

No comments:

Post a Comment